Navbar

aboutwhy redux?generation oneg2-beast erarid-moviesclassics-animatedafajapanese

Friday, March 18, 2011

Reveal the Shield Goldbug (Gold Bumblebee) and Trailbreaker (Trailcutter)

So I got these guys a little while back with Lugnut and just wanted to showcase them a little bit. First off: Goldbug or Gold Bumblebee as he is called on the package. I don't know if Hasbro no longer owns the name Goldbug or if they are just trying to build on the popularity of the Bumblebee character. This is a great little figure, just about as easy to transform as the original Goldbug and a pretty good homage, with the face being the only exception. He should have a mask instead of a mouth, but I can overlook this.
Robot mode, notice the lack of a faceplate.

Vehicle mode, generic car.

Compared to the original, smaller vehicle mode...

...but slightly larger robot mode. Strange.
If this was G1, the guy on the right would get shot and rebuilt as the guy on the left.
 Good figure overall, a nice representation of the character and nice colors! Next up: Trailbreaker, or as the package says: Trailcutter. In this instance I believe Hasbro actually did loose the name Trailbreaker unfortunately. Doesn't matter to me, I'm just happy to have a representation of the character in my Neo-G1 setup no matter what they call him or what size he is. Hasbro did a great job on this one and even incorporated the original Trailbreaker's sensor array over his head. Again, transformation is fast and quite a lot like the original toy.
Again, a generic vehicle mode.

Nice robot mode, notice the blue visor.

Pretty good representation!

Love the red knees, perfect!
 Another great release by Hasbro. I know a lot of people are clamoring for a larger version of this character, but this one actually fits me just fine. Trailbreaker was always sort of a background character in the TV show and comics anyway, I only really remember him standing out a handfull of times. So I don't mind he is a little smaller. After these guys and Wheeljack I believe only two of the original Autobots that were on the Ark still haven't been released in the new Classics format: Gears and Huffer. And I don't count the Power Core Combiner Huffer, that is not a good representation of the character. I'm eagerly awaiting good versions of these guys as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment