Navbar

aboutwhy redux?generation oneg2-beast erarid-moviesclassics-animatedafajapanese

Sunday, March 3, 2013

The End of an Era

It took me over three years and I don't even want to know how much money, but I have finally completed my US Tech Spec collection, including all gift set gestalts and targetmaster/legends variants.



And as odd is it is, my final two came in on the same week after almost three months of finding nothing, funny how that works isn't it?


Honestly I never thought I would see Defensor, since the giftset itself is so rare, how can there be more than one or two people who actually cut up the box and kept the specs? But, fortune smiled upon me once again, and with the help of a friend I was able to acquire the entire set of six specs from the back of the box (which are slightly different from the individual versions):


Oddly though, Action Master Megatron was just as difficult to find, and in the end I had to end up purchasing an empty box and remove the tech specs. Fortunately I already have another one still sealed, otherwise I don't know if I would have had the willpower to remove the specs from the back.

So as of today I can finally close the book on this chapter of my collecting, my tech spec books now lie complete and I only need four more instruction booklets in order to complete those as well. To any tech spec collectors out there, good luck on the journey, it was a great ride.

10 comments:

  1. This is Arkvander, this is madness! Congratulations sir!
    I for one will never have the will power to commence a tech spec collecting journey... very much power to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have an infatuation with the visual arts of the Transformers, so I guess it is only natural. I still need to get a few of the catalogs and miscellaneous paperworks before I'm totally done :)

      Delete
  2. Nice! Congratulations on the achievement! What's next after you complete the instructions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to Disney World! No, actually I'll probably keep concentrating on the Japanese G1 stuff, the prices are going up exponentially so I'll probably never be able to get it all :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats! I relate to not being able to cut up a vintage box or card for the tech specs. I have in the past sold a cardback or box and used the money to buy a tech spec that someone else has already cut out, figuring that at least then the damage was already done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah it was difficult, but I used an exacto so I didn't do any unnecessary damage. I doubt I will get rid of the box anyway :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats! As you know, I've been on this same path as well, though the rarity and price of the giftsets made me decide early on not to collect them. I can certainly appreciate all of the work and effort you've put into this!

    ReplyDelete